What is Medical Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a mechanical form of skin exfoliation using a abrasive diamond shaped tip combined with suction. It exfoliates the upper layers of skin and stimulates collagen growth in the lower layers. The intensity can be varied to suit an individuals skin concerns from a light exfoliation to deep resurfacing. Consequently, you see an improvement in skin texture, more even coloring, fine lines, fewer breakouts, refined pores, renewed elasticity and a more youthful appearance.
What can Medical Microdermabrasion do?
- Ageing and sun damage
- Rough or thickened skin
- Mild scarring
- Fine lines
- General skin rejuvenation
- Maintain your skins health
How many treatments do I need?
Microdermabrasion is designed to be performed as a course of treatments. Initially it is recommended you begin with a course of five weekly treatments. After your results have been achieved it can then be performed every 4-6 weeks to maintain the benefits.
What does it feel like?
Depending on the condition being treated, it can vary from a relaxing, mild abrasive sensation to quite an intense grazing for deeper, more stubborn conditions. Treatment intensities can be altered to your suit your individual comfort levels to ensure you are never too uncomfortable.
How does my skin look after the treatment?
- Mild to moderate redness and sensitivity (similar to a sunburn) lasting 12 to 48 hours
- Skin feels dry and tight
- Some darkened areas of skin may occur (this is skin preparing to shed)
- Varying amounts of flaking can occur approximately 3 days after your treatment
- After the skin has shed it has a healthy glow and feels softer and smoother